Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Was is Robbie in

Bill Schwab

I believe it is prearranged with his friends that shoot. One will shoot one class and one will shoot the other. At the winternationals I think he shot ESP. Also since Springfields main buisness is 45's, I think they like him to shoot the 45. Ay the Nationals I think Dave had a quicker score shooting a Glock 34. But, Robbie had a better score, the 45 has more recoil and is a bit slower on the follow-up shots plus it's limited to 8 round mags insted of the 10 of the Glock. One extra reload in the match and it costs CDP shooters 2-3 seconds. The difference in their scores was only 3 hundredths of a second. You decide.

Normally he shoots CDP in IDPA.  I think part of it is that Springfield mostly makes .45s but I think the biggest reason is that he just likes an opportunity to shoot a .45.  He usually shoots full power military ball ammo.

In AZ, he has always shot CDP (which is why I'm going to ESP for the next State Championship!)  next time I see him, I'll ask.

He was thinking about shooting a 10 but last we talked it seemed that idea has gone by the wayside.

I don't think an extra reload costs Rob 2-3 seconds :-)  More like 1!

The first word of this thread was supposed to be "Why" not "Was"...I don't know how I messed that up.

I guess it just frustrates me when you hear the IDPA folks says shit like "A Glock won the Nationals" or "Robbie wasn't the fastest."  I'd like to see Rob smoke everyone, which he almost did with the 45....guess I should have posted this in the Hate section.

Kelly,

The 10mm used to be considered CDP, but they've now moved it to ESP.

Bill

I guess I must be dense or something but I can't see where CPD with 8 round mags had to make an extra reload at The IDPA Nationals. Can someone tell me what stage? I shot revolver so I know about extra reloads. :)

Bill Nesbitt

• 1 month later...

All the stages at the nationals were designed in such a way where there was no capacity advantage when comparing ESP, SSP, or CDP.  I can't say for sure the same holds true for wheel gunners but I would guess they had to reload more often.  If a stage required a reload (again excepting wheelers) then everyone had to reload.  The issue simply became between or on which targets in the array was the reload necessary.  

• 3 weeks later...