Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal for Limited?

JeffWard

I have a M&P Pro Series 9 that I run in Production. It has a Burwell trigger-job, and stippled grips, recoil spring and guide-rod, etc (all Production Legal).

I want to buy a 40 Pro for Limited, and I know that the 40 and 9mm frame/trigger/sear group are identical.

Can I legally run the 40 Cal slide and barrel, on my current 9mm frame with all the trick parts, and be legal in Limited, after simply sticking on a mag-well and swapping mags? I'd prefer not to send out the 40 Pro frame right away for trigger mods (which I'll do eventually). The trigger job includes a VERY mild reshape of the striker surface, which I can replicate for a new striker, or I can even swap the striker with the rest.

I REALLY wish S&W would sell me a stripped 40-Pro slide! I'd add Dawson sights, a striker, extractor, Storm Lake 5.01" barrel, and be done...

Why do I ask???? 2011 shooters swap components ALL the time, for different frames on different slides, and vice-versa. Glock shooters replace frames on their 34/35s. Is this legal? Why not with the M&P?

Thanks,

Jeff

That's a good idea...looking in rule book it says "any complete handgun or components with min. Production of 500 and availible to gen. Public" in production the specifically mention that barrel replacement must be same caliber. But no mention of that for limited.

That's a good idea...looking in rule book it says "any complete handgun or components with min. Production of 500 and availible to gen. Public" in production the specifically mention that barrel replacement must be same caliber. But no mention of that for limited.

I'm not even sure this is relevant to the OP's question as with the M&P, a frame is a frame. There are no caliber markings. As long as the frame meets the requirements for said division. It would make no differance what configuration the gun started life.