Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I plan on doing a bit of traveling this summer. This will include hitting a few matches along the way so I want to bring my match gear.

I'm thinking of mounting a hotel style laptop safe in the bed of my pickup. The truck has a hard shell cover but that's about as secure as a cardboard box. I've found several safes that run between $150 and $200 that you can lock with your driver license or a credit card (any card with a magnetic strip on the back). Just the right size for my cased open gun and those high dollar magazines.

I know it will not be infallible, but may slow someone down enough that they will just pass on it.

Worthwhile or worthless?

Thanks.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

There are a ton of companies that make locking tool boxes for trucks.

Imagine you're a thief checking cars, you see a truck with the same toolbox you've seen a hundred times and one with a safe in the back, which one would you pay the most attention to?

Imagine you're a thief checking cars, you see a truck with the same toolbox you've seen a hundred times and one with a safe in the back, which one would you pay the most attention to?

Safest thing is to drive a 20 yr old beater. Fill the inside with old laundry, broken toys, and fast food wrappers, leave the windows open, break the antenna off and insert a coat hanger. Hide the good stuff under a yellowed T-shirt. No one will touch it!

roflol.gif

BB

• 3 weeks later...

Safest thing is to drive a 20 yr old beater. Fill the inside with old laundry, broken toys, and fast food wrappers, leave the windows open, break the antenna off and insert a coat hanger. Hide the good stuff under a yellowed T-shirt. No one will touch it!

roflol.gif

BB

Hmm, so that's what's hidden in those cars... :lol: