Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tatical Timmys

It comes down to it's not what you say, it's how you say it...

Like a prior poster said, be familiar with the rules of what ever game you play.

Be safe and have fun.

Jan

It seems to me the problem is that the OP is advertising his matches as IDPA, he is using the name of a sport in which he has not paid to be an affiliated club, he has not read the Rule Book, and is not running his stages according to the rules. If you want to advertise yourself as running IDPA matches, then join IDPA as an affiliated club, and run your matches according to the IDPA Rule Book. If you're not willing to do that, then don't call it IDPA. If Joe Shooter wants to run his version of IDPA with his own made-up rules, be upfront enough to call it Joe-DPA, don't piggback on the time and effort put in by other people.

From the OP's perspective, the disparagingly named "Tactical Timmy" is a nitpicker who just doesn't appreciate other people's hard work. No offense, but the tone of the OP's post makes it clear he's not exactly unbiased in this matter. It's quite possible that ol' TT was simply stating the facts. And from what I've read here, everything he said is a fact.

I also have to question the use of the term Tactical Timmy to describe this gent. As has been pointed out, that term is applied to people who try to shoot IDPA as if it was a real gunfight, with no reference to the rules. Their typical refrain is, "Well, in real life would you....?" That doesn't sound like this guy; all he's saying is, "If you're going to call it IDPA, you need to join IDPA and run the matches according to IDPA rules." Nothing Tactical Timmy there. Actually that seems to me the very opposite of Tactical Timmy-dom.

It seems to me the problem is that the OP is advertising his matches as IDPA, he is using the name of a sport in which he has not paid to be an affiliated club, he has not read the Rule Book, and is not running his stages according to the rules. If you want to advertise yourself as running IDPA matches, then join IDPA as an affiliated club, and run your matches according to the IDPA Rule Book. If you're not willing to do that, then don't call it IDPA.

Just to make things clear I don't host advertise or run matches. I was simply a participant willing to take time off work to help set up. If you reference my first post. I simply made a suggestion & NO one had any objections( including persons who particpate in sanctioned matches and are members of IDPA) except this person & he waited until the stage was set to walk up to me. He could have at any time voiced his objections to the other actual members Of IDPA or novice participants. He did not.