Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with mags.

This soon to be new shooter needs some help with mags. I have 1 mag that came with the EAA Gold. Could I get some help on how many do I need and what length? Also what kind do I buy, factory or other. What about the pads, etc. and where is the best place to buy them? Thanks to all.

This soon to be new shooter needs some help with mags. I have 1 mag that came with the EAA Gold. Could I get some help on how many do I need and what length? Also what kind do I buy, factory or other. What about the pads, etc. and where is the best place to buy them? Thanks to all.

Best place to get all you need is in the EAA/Tang shop in the dealer section. Henning carries already tuned 170mm mags for open class, and anything else you might need for an EAA platform

What caliber is the Gold? Assuming it's 38 Super, I just finished some experimenting this weekend that might help. I made the extractor mod found on Hennings website so I can shoot .38 SuperComp and 9x21 (both are rimless). Then using the factory mag tube I installed the Grams follower and Wolfe (I think) spring from my Henning built .40 mag, along with the extended basepad, and got 140mm mag that holds 24 rounds. I ran 240 rounds through it with no issues shooting 9x21 Major Power Factor. I am waiting on my SuperComp ammo to be delivered so I can test it.