Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Guns

JerryShoots

I have a gun about 40% completed on my bench for the approaching Nationals. I intend to use it for limited 10 and it is based on a pistol I have used before and will likely use this year leading up to the nationals to prepare. I have a series of questions that I am hoping the group will have good answers to. If you are an authority in NROI and your word would actually hold up if used in support of a pistol being looked at for compliance please note that fact in your answers. If you are not NROI please do not hesitate to offer your thoughts. The only reason I want to know the difference is that I may print these responses and use them if a question is raised regarding my pistol at a match.

As always thank you for any help you may offer. The questions are posted in a reply to aid in quoting them when answering.

1. CCF builds a "raceframe" made of stainless steel. They have been produced in a quantity greater than 500. It weighs 21oz. and is offered as a "drop in" replacement to any Glock small frame. I'm very very interested in this part not only for the weight which would make a Glock feel more like say an EAA or metal framed 1911 but also that the metal surface could allow me to get very creative in designing the pistol to look as good as it shoots.

Would this frame violate any rules for use in Limited 10?

2. Would this frame work with a Ghost holster intended for Glock?

3. What materials, if any, are not allowed to be used in magwells and basepads? (brass, steel etc.)

4. If building 2 of these pistols would they have to be an exact dimensional match for one another to be usable as a back up if one broke beyond repair during a match? Or would a similar sized Glock of the same caliber be sufficient. (This gun is expensive!)

5. Would the fact that this gun will contain practically no factory Glock components eliminate it from Limited? And can this be avoided by retaining some factory Glock parts?

6. Has anyone ever actually shot the CCF frame that you are aware of or if you yourself have can you offer any insight on it?

7. Are there any known limitations on finishes that would stop me from making this pistol very artistic in it's "paintjob"? (I'm considering Airbrushing the slide then covering with clear DuraCoat)

Thank you all for your help!

1. Would this frame violate any rules for use in Limited 10? NO

2. Would this frame work with a Ghost holster intended for Glock? Should

3. What materials, if any, are not allowed to be used in magwells and basepads? (brass, steel etc.) In Limited - Any

4. If building 2 of these pistols would they have to be an exact dimensional match for one another to be usable as a back up if one broke beyond repair during a match? Or would a similar sized Glock of the same caliber be sufficient. (This gun is expensive!) Similar is fine

5. Would the fact that this gun will contain practically no factory Glock components eliminate it from Limited? And can this be avoided by retaining some factory Glock parts? It can be all non-Glock parts as long as 500 of each component has been made - see rules

6. Has anyone ever actually shot the CCF frame that you are aware of or if you yourself have can you offer any insight on it? Yes- do a forum search, most have not had good luck with them for sporting purpose - mine self destructed in about 500 rounds

7. Are there any known limitations on finishes that would stop me from making this pistol very artistic in it's "paintjob"? (I'm considering Airbrushing the slide then covering with clear DuraCoat) NO - paint away

4. If building 2 of these pistols would they have to be an exact dimensional match for one another to be usable as a back up if one broke beyond repair during a match? Or would a similar sized Glock of the same caliber be sufficient. (This gun is expensive!) Similar is fine

In fact, all you need is another gun that fits in the same division you declared. It even can be a different caliber since you'll need to re-chrono anyway. (Or if you are willing to get bumped to Open, any gun that isn't legal for the same division will work as well.) Remember to ask permission for the RM before swapping guns under Rule 5.1.7.

I had a friend whose STI's rear sight went to pieces midway through the match. He went to his backup gun: a bone stock Glock 35. He still won L-10.

Edited by Skydiver

Excellent info guys! Yup I found the stuff you guys mentioned about the CCF frame and it looks like one of those cool ideas that loses something in the delivery. I will likely buy on but I won't worry about trying to get it running for this years nats. Looks like the plastic stays!