Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry Lubes --- What do you use?

I couldnt get my Hornady LNL setup and then read how the dies needed to be disassembled, cleaned, and then use. I didn't have any Hornady One Shot.

I went to Home Depot and got a bottle of WD-40 to clean the dies and the a bottle of Blaster Dry Lube with PTFE blastergroup.com.au/dry-teflon-lube.html

All worked really well!

What spay lubes do you use on your cases, press, slide etc?

One Shot sounds good because it evaporates. I read a post on here where someone mixed rubbing alcohol with lanolin oil for his cases. Sounds interesting.

I dont have a compressor to blow air so something that cleans and evaporates would be nice.

THanks

I couldnt get my Hornady LNL setup and then read how the dies needed to be disassembled, cleaned, and then use. I didn't have any Hornady One Shot.

I went to Home Depot and got a bottle of WD-40 to clean the dies and the a bottle of Blaster Dry Lube with PTFE

blastergroup.com.au/dry-teflon-lube.html

All worked really well!

What spray lubes do you use on your cases, press, slide etc?

One Shot sounds good because it evaporates. I read a post on here where someone mixed rubbing alcohol with lanolin oil for his cases. Sounds interesting.

I dont have a compressor to blow air so something that cleans and evaporates would be nice.

THanks

I use some some from Wal-Mart, Liquid Wrench dry lube I think..

Smells like rubbing alcohol and leaves a whitish film. Seems to work.

But on my primer slide and cam feed I use graphite powder.

I bought a can of eco-friendly lube called "Shield-It" at Home Depot. I takes 24 hours to dry out, but when it does it seems to work fairly good. It's made with soy powder or some such. I'm using it on my older powder measures and the powder is not sticking to it.

I also have a LNL AP.

I use One Shot cleaner & dry lube to clean my press parts and dies. It works great.

I use One Shot case lube for my pistol cases. Lube is not required for pistol cases, but it helps the process run smoothly without feeling like I'm going to tear my rotator cuff. The nice thing about One Shot is that it doesn't matter if it gets inside the case. It won't affect the powder.

I use Dillon spray lube for rifle cases. It's a lanolin/alcohol lube.

I don't use any dry lube on my guns. I use slide glide and/or oil, depending on the gun and the temperature.