Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fully decocked or at half cock carry for uspsa?

I shoot a CZ85 Combat that is meant to be carried at half cock. I have only shot one match, attended an intro class, and a practice session. I have heard it both ways, start at half cock, and start fully decocked. Which is correct for USPSA Production Division according to the rule book?

The rule says "fully decocked".

If the gun is equipped with a decocker, "fully decocked" is whatever position the decocker leaves the hammer.

If the gun is not equipped with a decocker, then "fully decocked" is hammer fully forward, even if the pistol is designed with a half cock / safety notch.

Jay is 100% Correct. If you want black and white proof, in the rulebook, Appendix D4, under special conditions "Handguns with external hammers must be fully decocked at the start signal"

yep, new friends :roflol: dont get me wrong, i have some friends too that just confuses me with the rules, BUT their statements always start with 'i think' :blush:

always keep a copy of that blue handbook. it comes in handy alot of times. to your question, yes, fully decocked. Just be carefully lowering that hammer, dry fire alot, make it as smooth as possible. I just switch divisions, and I always tell the RO ill be lowering hammer and i NEED to squeeze the trigger (safely) to do that.