Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How could you miss that?

ktm300

So there is a Shotgun, Pistol, stage with 7 large hanging steel targets at about 15 yards. Large is 12" to 20", so close to huge. The stage was to shoot those with 1 gun, then 9 small 4" to 6" steels with either gun, then the large ones with the gun you did not use the first time. So I am watching and a guy goes through the back steel's with his shotgun, switches to the pistol and hits the 9 small with 1 miss then procedes to miss the big steel 6 or 7 times with the pistol. I ask the guy next to me "how do you miss that big of a target when you can hit the small ones so well?"

I get up there, the guy I asked the question of is the RO and I procede to run the stage and miss the middle big steel twice with my pistol. Does anyone have an idea of the question he asked me after the stage?

The answer is "I was trying to go way too fast on the big steel"

So as punisment for being such a Dumb A$$ here is the

of me missing an easy target twice!

funny how we can miss the easy wide open targets but nail the hard ones. I think we take the easy ones for granted and push a little too fast. very guilty of that. other week I missed a target about 3 yards away cause I was running a little too fast shooting on the move. Ive seen very good Open shooters miss close easy targets too

The first shot at it was in the dirt so I probably yanked on the trigger as I was trying to go too fast. The second miss was just as bad as I had started to the last 3 and had to come back. That time I overran the target and was high and right. Then I got a site picture, shot, followed through, and hit it on the third try. Would have saved about 2 seconds if I did that in the first place.

funny how we can miss the easy wide open targets but nail the hard ones. I think we take the easy ones for granted and push a little too fast. very guilty of that. other week I missed a target about 3 yards away cause I was running a little too fast shooting on the move. Ive seen very good Open shooters miss close easy targets too

Jon

just to clarify, I didn't miss the target, I hit exactly what I was aiming at when I squeezed the trigger,

which happens to be the space between the targets I was supposed shooting at :rolleyes:

Jon

just to clarify, I didn't miss the target, I hit exactly what I was aiming at when I squeezed the trigger,

which happens to be the space between the targets I was supposed shooting at :rolleyes:

Ray, you're so freaking fast even the mikes dont seem to hurt your overall score :roflol::roflol::roflol: