Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625 TK Custom Moons - which brass?

southpaw187

I tried my TK Custom stainless steel match clips for my 625 with magtech brass and that wasn't a good fit. i then tried them with starline brass and those dropped in and out of my gun flawlessly; however they seem to wiggle in the clip quite a bit. What brass do you use? I'm looking for brass that will not wobble and will drop in and out of the gun well when clipped.

Why are you trying to eliminate the wiggle? I think it's part of the reason that 625's reload so easily, built in self adjustment. Embrace the wiggle. As long as your loaded moons drop in and out easily, you're good to go.

Yeah, I tend to agree with Glockwerkes on this. I swear by my Hearthco clips for .38 Short Colt in my 8-shooters, but for .45 ACP I really think the regular Ranch Products are the way to go. I've been running mixed brass in Ranch moonclips for years with no problems whatsoever. You don't need them tight in .45.

Edited by Carmoney

Mike and Rob are spot on with this. The 625 AND 646 work well with ranch products due to the distance between charge holes being so small and the cases being so short. .45 and .40 in L frame like the slop. If it were a 10mm or 38 I'd say look for the most rigid clip you could find.

Thread hi jack....rigid or sloppy for .38 shortcolt?

Just shot my first match with TK's newest type of SS competition clips for 625. Works great, but make sure, that you'll use extremely clean burning powder. Otherwise, they may stick some, going in/out if unburned powder gets between the chamber wall/casing.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I just wasn't sure if that wiggling was a good thing or not. Now that I know it is a normal circumstance I'll stick with the starline brass. It sure is easy to seat the federal primers in the starline brass on my dillon SDB.