Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Super Comp Pressure issue/question

sbgruen

WHERE is it bulged, exactly? Got a picture of the case? The brass is going to bulge out some in pretty much any workable chamber. The question is, can you get it back out with a sizing die or not... ;)

I'll try and get a picture that shows it. Have not check to see if it resizes out, just started loading for it and working up a load.

Thanks

Scott

Contrary to what's stated above, with a chamber that's even remotely close to spec, a CasePro is a waste of money for Supercomp. I've seen nasty bulges in cases that were shot in a 9x23 chamber, but those were the only ones that a regular ol' Dillon die wouldn't resize right back to normal.

I included the pertient facts in the post. " I RO'ed some biggies and picked up everything that didn't bite, same in local matches, you lazy n leave it I snag it" I'd say your assertion is correct if your gun is in good shape and you pick up only your own brass. When you pick up range brass well you will get some that need to be rolled or pitched.

I'll sell my CasePro right after I sell all of my reloading presses, dies, scales, caliper and other reloading equipment. In short its not for sale. I bought it used so I didn't feel the full pain of purchase. It is nice to load 1000 rounds and not have a single reject in the Case Guage drop check.

Edited to add: If the first letter and the last are correct it is spelled good enough you can read it.

Edited by CocoBolo

I included the pertient facts in the post. " I RO'ed some biggies and picked up everything that didn't bite, same in local matches, you lazy n leave it I snag it" I'd say your assertion is correct if your gun is in good shape and you pick up only your own brass. When you pick up range brass well you will get some that need to be rolled or pitched.

I do pick up range brass, and I haven't ever had a problem in several different guns (built by different smiths), to date. That includes Hornady branded brass and Armscor brass, as well.

It is nice to load 1000 rounds and not have a single reject in the Case Guage drop check.

Aside from the afore mentioned "Supercomp shot in a ex-9x23 chamber", I have yet to have a single case not pass a drop check after passing through just a (properly adjusted) Dillon sizing die. After shooting 120K+ rounds of Supercomp, most of which being in well worn brass, a good amount of which was range pickup from working big matches and occasional local matches, I stand by my assertion that a CasePro is a waste of time and money for Supercomp.