Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berretta 92fs

knuckles

If your talking about the trigger pull weight, the easy path is to put in a Wolff reduced hammer spring. I use 2lbs lighter in my CZ but some people use 3 or 4lbs lighter. If your looking to go a step more Cylinder and Slide make a low-mass hammer and trigger kit. I found it i my Midwayusa book. Or tear your frame down and just start polishing everything that has wear marks :)

Thanks guys, i wouldn't have to worry about a trigger spring would i, if i just replace the hammer spring that should do the job , also i know some of the parts off a taurus are interchangeable with the berratta, so could hammer springs for a taurus do the same job on the barretta?

• 2 weeks later...

I use a 15 lb 1911 mainspring (w/ Fed #100 primers!)

make sure the top of the hammer strut is mirror smooth. light polish on all contact areas affecting the DA pull.

polish the sear w/ a good smooth ceramic stone, and add a small secondary angle (such as you'd find on a 1911). Cut the hammer hooks to ~0.020 and polish w/ a fine stone. My result is ~7 lb DA, and right at 3 lb and crisp for SA. That's w/ factory trigger return spring and all safeties working. I had SA as light as ~2.5 and DA at around 5.5 lb by cutting ~1/4" off the mainspring, but the lock time was horrible, so I went back to a factory 15lb 1911 spring.

DA can be made as nice as a revolver if you polish EVERYTHING. pins, the springs, safety levers, etc.

Done this on a couple of guns w/ 10s of thousands of rounds on each and they are perfectly reliable w/ this set up.

good luck.

-rvb