Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some Interesting Benos Cameos

Cd662

Not sure if this is the right place to put this. An older shooter at my job recently lent me two older shooting related books, "You Can't Miss" by John Shaw and "The Pride Method: Mind Over Matter in Combat Shooter" by John Pride and Jon Winokur. I thought the appearances were worth mentioning.

"At the 1981 Soldier of Fortune match, I ran into a really good shooter named Brian Enos, who's going to be a power in pistol shooting. I asked whether he was going to shoot the rifle match, and he said he'd be happy to except for a few minor tings: He didn't own a battle rifle; had never shot a battle rifle. I said I'd loan him my rifle, if he needed it, and he agreed - if I'd throw in a couple pointers before the match.

...The timer buzzed before he'd gotten off his last shot, which cost him a "first" overall. As it was, he won about $5000 worth of prizes and knocked me from second place to third, which cost me about $1500. That's what friends are for, though."

Mr. Pride has a section in his book about being in a state of "hypnosis", and writes, regarding the 1983 Bianchi Cup:

"...On the last day of the competition, I came to the line at the falling plate event thinking that all I had to do was knock down all 48 plates to win the championship.

I thought, 'This is what I've trained for, waited for, and there's an audience to watch me perform!' I felt confident and comfortable, almost in a euphoric state. When I came to the line, I sensed a level of mental control I had never exeperienced before. I literally got goose bumps when I walked up to the line because I knew I was going to do it. I proceeded to gleefully shoot down all 48 plates and 263 more to boot. I lost first place by one point to Brian Enos, who shot a mind-boggling 505 plates, but I still walked away with $10,000"