Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nublet reloading reporting in

vwynn

Hey all just wanna introduce myself. Been loading for... about 1 hour total LOL and so far just trying to get things dialed in. Read a lot and still new. Only reloading 9mm right now.. before i step up to 223.

Current Setup

Hornady LNL AP

Hornady LNL AP Case Feeder

Hornady New Dimension 9mm set

Hornady Powder Cop die

Lee Factory crimp die 9mm

Powder:

8# Titegroup

8# WSF

Primer:

XXXX Winchester SP

XXXX Tula SP

Bullets:

Berry 124gr RNDS

124gr Lead

n yea some other ish...

Just gunna keep on reading :)

Thanks all!

-Vince

First load: straight from the Hodgdons data base.

9mm

Berry 124 Gr FMJ

Titegroup 4.0

Winchester SPP

1.090" COL.

is it good? i dont know yet :(...

only got 15 rounds loaded for testing..

when i get home from school ill do 3.8, 4.0, 4.2, 4.4... about 10 rounds each.

any tips??

also.. is it me or 1.090 OAL is kinda short?

Welcome to the forum. You don't need to waste the time and components to load any at 4.4. I think with the Berrys you will be pretty good around 4.0-4.2 maybe even less. What gun? It makes a big difference since velocities change markedly with different guns and barrel lengths.

1.090 sounds short but I'm not certain what the bullet profile is on your particular bullet. Take your barrel out of the gun and clean the chamber well. Load a dummy out to about 1.17 or so and drop it in the chamber. you will know if it touches the rifling which it probably will. You should hear a distinct "ker plop". Then tip the barrel over and the round should slide right out. Keep shortening the round until it falls in and falls out without touching. Then make sure it fits in the mag with room to spare. In a Glock for example the max oal length is generally determined by what fits in the mag as the chambers are pretty long.

If the bullet is a round nose type then you will probably end up somewhere around 1.14-1.15 or so.

I used to load Montana Gold 124's which are round nose types out to 1.14 with 4.2 TG. and made over 130 PF.

Mr Sanders

Thanks for the response and tip! ill look into adjusting the OAL. My only concern would be pressure in the round after making adjustments.. but then again im going long vs short which decreases pressure from what i understand. Ill give it a go!

Gun is...

M&P 9 + Apex DCAEK, n some other goodies..

-Vince