Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 nationals invite but wrong division.,

bzt

I was able to secure an invite to the 2011 nationals.. WOOHOO.. only trouble is it is for the days that do revolver, limited 10 and open. I shoot production 9mm.. :unsure:

So my question is.. Do I switch to limited 10 and shoot major with a 40 S&W caliber.. or shoot minor with my nice comfortable 9mm..

I shoot a Beretta Elite 2.. I normally shoot the 92 (9mm), but also have it in the 96 model (40s&w).

I switched the uppers so I still have my same trigger, but now in a 40. I shot a match today.. It was short. and at the end, my hands were throbbing. I was shooting factory ammo, but I am sure I could load some rounds that didnt have such a kick and still hit major PF.. Will get used to shooting it?.. Or should I just stick with the 9mm, know that I am not going to win anyway, and just enjoy myself?

Any advice, short of swapping invites with someone?

I don't think you can swap invites, but I could be wrong.

I'm in the same boat. I normally shoot Production, but my invitation is for L10. My plan is to shoot Production for half the year, then switch to L10 at some point so I can start preparing myself for Nationals. In the meantime I hope to get a slot for Production via the waitlist.

As far as ammo goes, my plan is to shoot factory for most of my local matches when I shoot L10, but I'll order some Atlanta Arms & Ammo .40 for Nationals.

If all other avenues fail, shoot major on your .40. IMO a .40 loaded to major has much less recoil than most factory ammo. I have no experience with AAA ammo but that might work as well. In any case, congratulations and good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you still have your slot paperwork, or have you already sent it in? If you still have it, contact your section coordinator and ask if he has extra production slots to swap. Depends on how your section distributes slots, but It certainly couldn't hurt to ask!