Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tuned mags

50cal

Beven,

My gun went to tuning last week and so did my new spring/follower kit, so I'll see in a couple of week how they work. How many 9x19 do you get in a SVI 126mm mag with your new spring / follower kit (i have a dawson international pad).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fireant,

BrazosCustom.com has some great photos (thanks Bob & Ingi) on my follower kit, and they have a picture of the bottom two coils. It doesn't show where to cut, but it does show how to count coils. All I can tell you is to look where the end of the wire is, and count up 2 coils, and cut in the same place in that 2nd coil. After cutting, bend up the end of the wire up so it does not stab into the base pad. I do sell my follower kits in both 13 coil and 11 coil kits if you don't want to cut coils yourself.

Dalmas,

20 rounds is easy to get in that configuration.

[edit: to make th link live]

Edited by TeamGE

Bevan,

The followers and springs came today. They blow the SV followers out of the water on QC. I can get 28 easy that 29th round will go but it is really really tough. Spring might compress a little with use and make it. I will try them out tomorrow.

Bevan,

The followers and springs work as advertised, flawless. It does cost a round. I get 28 instead of the 29 with the SV follower. The good news is that they work with the Dawson pads that get you 25 w/o having to use that stupid plastic arrendondo insert. I was always having problems with the damn thing getting bound up on the spring. Now it is not needed.