Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Counterfeit EOTechs

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/03/federal-authorities-seeking-suspect-in-alleged-scheme-to-sell-phony-holographic-rifle-sights-online.html

I guess just use a vendor you trust? Don't know how you'd know except for the probable lack of quality.

Kevin

quote from the article, "The knock-off magnifiers and gun sights, which were shipped from China, help weapons users aim and fire at targets with greater accuracy and speed."

Greater accuracy and speed that what? The original EOTechs? That was poorly written sentence.

They should have just made a "knock-off" model with a different name. If they were that tough to tell apart, then they may have been able to make a ton of money and avoid the criminal implications. Why do so many people choose the wrong path?

It would be interesting to know how many are out there that people purchased unknowingly. Sometimes counterfeits are never known until they are returned to the real manufacturer for warranty.

I worked for an Oakley dealer back when fake oakleys were everywhere. Some Oakley employees weren't able to tell the difference. That incident is what woke me up to the fact that most of the "real" stuff is just over priced crap.

Stolen ideas and products are a disgusting reality all manufacturers have to cope with :angry2:

When you buy those products, you become complicit with the theft.

Jim

I thought I was the only one that believed this, nice to see I'm not alone.