Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Flip up Iron Sights for USPSA

Remington4Life

For primary sights, I would not use flip ups or mount the front sight on the handguard...unless youwant to chase a wandering zero.

Needs to be fixed sights, front mounted on the barrel.

JMHO

JJ

This is the first time Ive ever head of this. Did this happen to you? Were you using a quality rail and sight?

Even a atandard issue M-16 has the front sight mounted on the barrel, for a reason.

I have never mounted primary sights on a handguard/rail, because a rail on a handguard can and will move in relation to the barrel, losing zero.

as for popups, thats more subjective, but I wouldn't use popups for primary sights. But thats just me. :blink:

jj

For primary sights, I would not use flip ups or mount the front sight on the handguard...unless youwant to chase a wandering zero.

Needs to be fixed sights, front mounted on the barrel.

JMHO

JJ

This is the first time Ive ever head of this. Did this happen to you? Were you using a quality rail and sight?

Even a atandard issue M-16 has the front sight mounted on the barrel, for a reason.

I have never mounted primary sights on a handguard/rail, because a rail on a handguard can and will move in relation to the barrel, losing zero.

as for popups, thats more subjective, but I wouldn't use popups for primary sights. But thats just me. :blink:

jj

I agree, flip up's are for back up BUIS - but I dont see a quality rail (Daniel Defense, Larue) causing your zero to shift.

Rails have flex in them. Pin a forarm up against a barricade, put a little pressure on it, it's going to flex some. It may not be much, but think about how small of a vertical movement of 1/4 turn of a front sight equals. That's 1.25 minutes. Too much for me! :)