Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75b .40 cal.

8ring

I already own a CZ 85C and a 97b. I have the opportunity to buy a CZ 75b .40 cal. at a very reasonable price. It is in excellent condition and has a full-length guide rod.

Has anyone shot the .40 caliber version in Production or Limited 10? How does the recoil compare with the 9mm versions when shot at minor power factor?

How do lead bullets work in the .40 cal at minor power factor? Is the FLGR a stock or aftermarket feature?

Finally, what is the rate of twist for the barrel?

Thanks for any and all information.

Chris

I don't know first hand, but .40 minor has a reputation for being very soft (potentially softer than 9).

If I were in your situation it would have to be a great deal for me to buy that pistol, but my circumstances may be different.

I don't reload for .40 yet, so I'd also have to acquire some equipment. Also, the 85C is hard to beat for Production or SSP. If I were looking for a Lim-10 pistol, I'd probably pass and keep my eye out for a TS because it would also enable me to also shoot Limited.

But I've also dreamt of selling my 9 and 45 equipment and consolidating to a single caliber and a faster press. Were I to go that route I would probably start with a single action .40 and convert it for Production to get the up swept beaver tail. What's holding me back is an emotional attachment to my pre-B production gun and an interest in shooting HM in 3-gun.

If you haven't had someone do a trigger job on your 85C yet I would put the money there.