Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM in .40

Was wondering (as they have become available again) if there is any realistically reasonable reason why I should not go ahead with my plan purchase the XDM .40. This will ne used for IDPA / USPSA Production Division. Not into glocks and the M&P Pro's trigger seems to not be my " cup of tea". Should I consider something else?

Granted I am not familiar with IDPA rules, but for USPSA Production there is no minor/major split so nothing wrong with saving yourself a few bucks for ammo and get a 9mm. Only reasons I would stick for .40 for competition is if IDPA has a major/minor split since 9mm is just easier all around (cost of ammo, recoil, etc etc etc).

I don't believe the trigger type is legal for uspsa production. Could only be used in limited. It would make a fine IDPA gun using minor loads. I don't know if a A 5 inch version of the XDM40 was ever made. I would get a 5 inch xd before I got a 4 inch XDM

I don't believe the trigger type is legal for uspsa production. Could only be used in limited. It would make a fine IDPA gun using minor loads. I don't know if a A 5 inch version of the XDM40 was ever made. I would get a 5 inch xd before I got a 4 inch XDM

Lots of discussion on this topic when the XD first launched, but it was ruled legal for USPSA Production, even though technically it can be ruled a "single action". Its legal.

I think IDPA does push you into ESP, not SSP, though, due to the trigger?