Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eberlestock Backpacks

Does anyone have the Operator or Gunslinger II as a 3 gun bag? I've been looking at them and they look to be a good option. Only think I am not sure on is the shotgun scabbard and if would fit my 22" shotgun with the extended bolt handle.

Edited by ghertz

Does anyone have the Operator or Gunslinger II as a 3 gun bag? I've been looking at them and they look to be a good option. Only think I am not sure on is the shotgun scabbard and if would fit my 22" shotgun with the extended bolt handle.

I've got the Gunslinger II that I've been using for about a year. Great bag. I know the scabbard fits my 22" Browning but I don't have the handle on it. Let me check my Benelli when I get home. He also makes a four sided scabbard, as opposed to the three you're thinking of. The 4 side fits my Open Saiga or my 3 Gun rifle with bipod and optic.

I've been using a GSII for about a year too. My only complaint is it can carry so much gear you may need a buddy to help you get the pack on. I stick my rifle in the main compartment, then my shotgun in the shotgun scabbard, then slide the shotgun scabbard into the main compartment. I use a 24" shotgun and it sits much lower in the main compartment than if I lashed the scabbard to the side of the pack.

The main scabbard is huge, I also put both my rifle and shotgun in it without a problem. I put my M2 in the "Shotgun Scabbard" for some protection between it and my rifle. The Shotgun Scabbard was intended for a 18" barreled shotgun so it does not fit a 22-24" gun quite as well, but covers most of it to protect it from metal on metal rubbing when I have them both in the main scabbard. The best thing about having them both right behind your back is the back isn't weighted to the one side like it would be if you have it attached to the side of the bag.

I used the Gunslinger II, but am upgrading to the Phantom. If you are buying a bag, I'd look at the Phantom.

Edited by TruePunisher

The main scabbard is huge, I also put both my rifle and shotgun in it without a problem. I put my M2 in the "Shotgun Scabbard" for some protection between it and my rifle. The Shotgun Scabbard was intended for a 18" barreled shotgun so it does not fit a 22-24" gun quite as well, but covers most of it to protect it from metal on metal rubbing when I have them both in the main scabbard. The best thing about having them both right behind your back is the back isn't weighted to the one side like it would be if you have it attached to the side of the bag.

I used the Gunslinger II, but am upgrading to the Phantom. If you are buying a bag, I'd look at the Phantom.

Why are you upgrading to the Phantom? What does it have that the GSII doesnt?

I ordered the G4 Operator last night from lapolicegear.com and got 15% off (code PAT15). When it arrives I'll take some pictures of it loaded up and give my thoughts.

The Operator looks to be very similar to the Phantom but the rifle case isn't detachable.

GS II is a very nice bag, I also put my shotgun and rifle in the main scabbard together, it carries much better, I like how the whole back will open up, and it will hold a ton of stuff

Do you guys use them in lieu of other bags for transporting your gear or in matches themselves?

I pack all my gear and long guns in it at the house, including my gun belt and handgun in a rug, then thrown the pack in the back of the truck and drive to the match. This saves having to carry seperate cases up to the hotel room. I can make it from the truck to the room in one trip.

Do you guys use them in lieu of other bags for transporting your gear or in matches themselves?

I load everything at the house also, put the cover over the rifle and shotgun and strap it down across the back of the saddle and over the saddle bags, I'll put some stuff in the saddle bags too, but everything for the match is in the GSII