Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Second 1050 Super

Hi just thought that this might help buyers of new 1050 Super I just got my new 1050 which was set up to load some 38 special and after checking powder levels etc and cycling the press a couple of times to make sure everything was working okay I put some shells into the casefeeder.

Loaded some primers and got ready to turn out some rounds well the first couple were fine except for the fact that they had way too much powder in them but that is an easy fix after I had the right amount of powder in my cases I ran the press only to find that I was feeding 2 primers at the same time one would be seated and the other thrown out the back of the press.

Now I had a fair idea what the problem was and went about checking it out someone at Dillon must have had an extra helping of cereal because the knurled nut that holds the primer tube in place was so tight that I needed both hands and a rag to undo it and when I checked the blue primer tube tip it was well and truly crushed so I replaced it with a spare that I had for my other 1050 and most of my primer issues went away.

I still have the odd primer problem with this press but I am sure a bit of fine tuning will fix all my problems.

Just wanted to give anyone thinking of buying a new press soon something to look at and maybe order some of those magazine tips in advance just in case the Hulk at Dillon :ph34r: has done this more than once

Ummm, you took it as shipped, added powder, and just started to load? There is something wrong here.

It is important to NOT tighten the "nut" on the blast shield that sets the primer tube. Tube must be all the way down and NOT bent by strong-arm techniques.

I recommend everyone with a 1050 get the DVD. I think Dillon should include it.