Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Power Pro 300 for 9 major?

Too Eazy

It's a new powder from Alliant called Power Pro 300. The tech at Alliant said the burn rate is about like H110 and it will never work for "standard" 9mm loads. It's definitely a magnum powder, but I was wondering if anyone has tried it for Major 9 loads? All thoughts and speculation welcome. I have just started working major pf loads, mostly with Power Pistol but I just picked up a pound of Blue Dot and I'm going to work up some with that. But I'm very interested in this Power Pro 300...

Thanks a lot, Mike.

Edited by Too Eazy

It's a new powder from Alliant called Power Pro 300. The tech at Alliant said the burn rate is about like H110 and it will never work for "standard" 9mm loads. It's definitely a magnum powder, but I was wondering if anyone has tried it for Major 9 loads? All thoughts and speculation welcome. I have just started working major pf loads, mostly with Power Pistol but I just picked up a pound of Blue Dot and I'm going to work up some with that. But I'm very interested in this Power Pro 300...

Thanks a lot, Mike.

According to the chart---H110 is very slow. My guess, you could not fit enough Power Pro 300 in a 9 case to make major. Pure speculation!

alliant's website lists power pro data for heavy bullet loads in the .454 casull and .500 S&W. not only does alliant not publish any data for 9mm with this powder, but if power pro is suitable for full power (i.e. highest velocity) 300 gr .454 casull loads, then I would not think it is suitable for anything in 9mm.