Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Combat 22 conversion kit help!

steviesterno

Hey all,

my wilson conversion kit (old style, I believe made by Marvel?) was running like a sewing machine on a dedicated frame I built for it. Until I need it in a steel competition yesterday. then it decided to choke and not extract any more rounds.

Luckily, I could borrow a gun and shoot the match for fun, but I was pretty upset. Not overly surprised, it has probably 15k rounds through it, and nothing has ever been replaced.

Basically, I'm wondering how to get an extractor for it or have this one adjusted so it works. I feel like there's almost no tension on it, and it looks to be worn and a bit rounded. Don't have a good camera, so can't take pics.

Would love some advice/help how to get it running again! I love 1911 22s, but this frustrated me so much I almost bought a buckmark :surprise:

Thanks,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Detail strip it right down to the small parts and clean it with Hoppes Nitro Solvent. Then hit it with Birchwood Casey gun scrubber. Lube and re assemble. 22's even CCI MiniMags are dirty runners and you may actually have enough crude built up in the extractor and it's spring to weaken it. At matches when it absolutely has to cycle I tend to run my 22's wet and then clean them afterwards. It's messy but effective.