Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Jungle Walk machine gun match and festival

WTH kind of match annoucement is that? For a good time call... Sounds like something you find written on the door of the crapper.

The "festival" part is what has me concerned...

"Wanted Manly Men with Machineguns. Leather vests and chaps not required, but strongly encouraged"

:roflol:

Sorry the announcement didn't suit! :D It's a local event that's well known enough that most folks get the story from a simple "Jungle walk date set!"

The jungle walk is a day long rally in Sikeston, MO that features a short (50-200 round) course through a ravine with targets of varying sizes, an "ammo dump" for people who just want to unload a hundred rounds quickly, a swap meet for folks who collect class three guns, vintage guns, unusual guns, and explosives. The local SWAT team does a couple of demos, and there may be a cannon match.

If you bring a good supply of factory ammo, there are loaner guns to run the Jungle walk, and they usually charge $10 or something similar to participate in the ammo dump (using provided guns and ammo). Hearing protection is HIGHLY recommended. The event itself is usually free and kid friendly, but contact the organizer for more info before traveling long distance.

See http://www.semissourian.com/story/1538023.html for past coverage.

FWIW, the June subgun match at the Missouri Bootheel Pistol Club is much more of a competitive match and less of a demo day. I'll post more details when I have them.

• 1 month later...

From the match organizer:

Gang: Due to unforseen extenuating circumstances, the Jungle Walk, previously scheduled for May 14, is CANCELLED.

Should an opportunity arise later in the year to reschedule, you will be so notified. Otherwise, I thank you for your support of the Second Amendment and the Class III community.

And besides, with Osama out of the way, the urgency for target practice is not as great as it once was.

Thanx for your support. We'll do this again sometime, I swear!

Scott