Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A rain-delayed match

ima45dv8

We USPSA shooters in the North Georgia area are living in tall cotton (translation: "very fortunate"). Every weekend we have a state-level quality match to shoot. The folks who put on these matches put a lot of thought, preparation and pride into their events. I can honestly say I've traveled great distances to shoot State matches that weren't as good as what we're offered on a weekly basis. For a fact, there's other places that can honestly say the same. I'm just glad I live in one the hot-spots for quality matches. That's really what it's all about, isn't it?

1st weekend -- South River Gun Club (host of the last six Area 6 matches).

2nd weekend -- Cherokee Gun Club (host of the 2011 GA State match and numerous past majors).

3rd weekend -- East Alabama Gun Club (just across the state line, and as you can tell from the chatter on here, well worth the drive).

4th weekend -- Cool Springs Gun Club (home to some of the most savvy and thoroughly devious stage designers/builders around). (Yoshidaex - you remember that place, don't you?)

So last weekend, South River's monthly match was frowned on mightily by Mother Nature. Thankfully, instead of a cancellation, it was just postponed one week. That gave a number of us the opportunity to shoot Cherokee and South River back-to-back this weekend. Peter Oliver and crew served us 7 great stages at CGC and Larry Turner and folks gave us another 6 today at SR. (**Larry designed and built most of the stages at the Area 6 matches from 2005-2010. He knoweth his stuff.) And to top it off, the weather was stunning both days with low-/mid-70's and sunny.

I kid you not, for me it was like a Springtime Christmas. It was a Local Area match right in our backyard, with 13 freakin'-awesome stages in 2 days. . . .for a total match fee cost of $40.00!

Sometimes, just sometimes, the stars align and things fall together in a near perfect manner. This was such a weekend.

Day-um!

I can't stop grinnin'.

:D :D :D

Crap, I never realized how close that was to me. I just looked at the directions on the map, it's only 3 miles further than my going to Mid Carolina in Columbia, which I've done several times.

I may have to check out that out next month.

Thanks for the info Mark.