Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Stock Drop Adjustment question

SMSI

I have a Benelli M-2 (Salient). I am consistently shooting low, especially at close in targets. I think I need to raise the stock drop to raise my point of impact. However, the Benelli instructions are not helpful. If I am hitting low, do I raise the stock drop? Is that the same as raising the "drop value at heel"? Any other hints would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

no way to give you good advice on shotgun fitting with out being in person.

That said I will try = Mount the gun into a mirror at eye level so you can look back at your eye down the rib. = Is your eye over the rib or out of sight?

Next cose your eyes and mount the gun to the mirror ---open your eyes and see if it is in the same place ???? I bet the problem is in your mount

use a light switch accross the room as a dry fire mount = look at the switch close your eye and mount the gun to ware you thing the gun will be pointing rite at it. = open your eyes and see how far off you are.

( your eye is the same as the rear sight) raise the eye the barrel points higher.

Most - MOST shotguns place the shot above the barrels at 20 + yards

a shooter that has a gun shoots low at close range is normally moving the gun down during the shot.

Shoot it real slow for a group

The method to adjust drop and cast should be in your owner's manual. In case you lost it, here's a pdf copy:

ftp://ftp.benelli.it/Public/UM_SPL/G0037802.PDF

Here's good article on why to adjust your drop:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/content/do-shotgun-stock-shims-matter

-Steve

Thanks for the info! My Benelli has been shooting way too high, so after reading this I went searching the basement for the original case (which has the shims) and I changed the shim, which according to the article was 6" high 40yds. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I am sure it will help on those longer slug targets.