Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with 9mm load

seabee23

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I finally had time to test some more ammo. I brought my oal length down a little. I also decided to take what was left of the batch I had problems with along too. After I got set up, I decided to shoot the rest of the bad batch up. First five shots all touching. What? Next five same thing, next five..... Some how some way it was me off, way off. The only thing I can think is when I was running the rounds across the chrono, my elbows were resting on the table and that somehow threw things way off. So I am happy that I no longer have a huge dilemma on my hands, but feel terrible for wasting everyone's time. Sorry everyone.

• 6 months later...

You mentioned a Glock 31 with a Storm Lake 9MM conversion. I have a lot of rounds down range thru a Glock 17 which is a 9MM with the same barrel length. I find that in the G17 I have have had much better luck with 124 or 147grain bullets compaired to the 115 grain. I would consider the Hornady 124XTP or 125HAP bullets to be very accurate in in mine with VV N320, Titegroup or Power Pistol powder. I have had better results with shorter OAL's between 1.10 to 1.13 in the factory barrel, can't comment on what would be good in a Storm Lake though.