Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

29 round 40 cal Glock Mags

Robert King

I purchased two of these at a gun show and was skeptical how well they would work. I just finished a 2 day skillbuilder at front sight and fired about 700 rounds. I used these two mags for almost the whole class and they worked really well. No malfunctions and they were fairly easy to load all the way to 29 rounds. For $30 each, I think they were a real good deal. These are the South Korean mags. I am not sure if they are legal for competitions as I don't know the exact length. Anyone know? Anyone else using them?

I have the 33rd mags, but that's in 9mm, so in 40 they're probably 29 rds. I have a few of those to practice target transitions, and not have to go back to the reloading bench at the range. Mine measure 8 7/16th of an inch. As we all remember from 4th grade math, 1 inch = 25.4 mm (don't feel bad, I had to look it up), so mine come in at an OAL of 214.3125mm, definitely way too big for any division, but like you said, fun to plink around and work on target acquisition, or playing with the GLock 18 ;-)

Also, in my Glock mags with DP floor plates, I'm getting 22 rounds of 9mm, and still maintaining <140mm. I highly recommend Dawson Precision for getting extra rounds. They're MUCH easier taking off and on then regular Glock floor plates, are nice and solid for continuous drops, weighted enough to drop free everytime, and fit with magwells. IMHO there's nothing better out there! (Did you hear that #Dawson Precision?! ;) )

I have 2 korean 33 mags, 2 sherrian(not sure if im spelling the name right) 29 rnds in my 40 and my 45Acp 25 rnd mags they are awesome to shoot, saves time reloading my mags so I can shoot more, thank God for Dillon... ya I'm sure you can't use extended mags in any comp.

Edited by MARKAVELI

Dawson extensions add 5 with no problem to 40 cal glock mags. The extended basepad for glocks even come with the appropriate spring. They run great and you can start a stage with 20+1