Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need advice on 223 powder dispenser

Akula

Hi,

I've been using LEE PERFECT POWDER for powder dispensing with my LEE Single Stage for spartan 223 reloading. After using it for more than a year and more than 2,000 rounds -- I have noticed significant wear on the innards of the plastic wheel.

I'm planning to upgrade and invest considerable more :( to replace it. But I would like to still maintain a separate powder measure rather than press-based. I'm looking at either RCBS Uniflow or Redding BR3, although I'm confused on which accessories are needed. Please recommend which item(s) and accessories are needed. You can also recommend other brands or solutions.

Also -- I use 55gr FMJ, 62gr FMJ, 69SMK and 77SMK, so I adjust the micrometer from time to time.

• 1 month later...

I vote Redding. The RCBS isnt bad, but IMHO the Redding has it beat. The Redding stand works well. If you don't have a good funnel, thats all you need. If buying the Redding is hard to swallow, go online and look at a Harrell or any of the other hand built measures the bench rest crowd favors. :surprise: U will feel better about the cost of the Redding.

• 2 weeks later...