Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No custom sights?

Z-man

I spoke with the folks at Dawson in regards to getting a thin front sight for my glock (.090) and was told that they are no longer making custom sights nor anything narrower than .105 for glock. I was under the impression that "if you don't see what you need, we'll make it for you". Is this no longer the case?

I spoke with the folks at Dawson in regards to getting a thin front sight for my glock (.090) and was told that they are no longer making custom sights nor anything narrower than .105 for glock. I was under the impression that "if you don't see what you need, we'll make it for you". Is this no longer the case?

Hi Z-Man,

The screw used to affix Glock front sights to the slide is wider than 0.090" which limits the minimum width we can manufacture the sights to.

We offer our customers any height front sight that they need. If you don't see the height you need listed on our web store, call us and we'll make it.

In addition, we are very proud of our Perfect Impact® policy: If you purchase a set of Dawson Precision Perfect Impact® sights from us, we guarantee that your pistol will zero. If it doesn't, we will give you a new front sight at the proper height free of charge so that it does. If we don't offer the height you need, we will make one for you. No other sight manufacturer in the world makes this type of guarantee.

-Chet

Can you be more specific about this, Scott?

-Chet

Chet,

A buddy of mine recently had the same experience. He was trying to get a front sight for his XD Service and was told on the phone that your company no longer offered custom-milled sights.

In his case, he was trying to get an FO 0.180" x 0.100" (or 0.115"). He ended up having to purchase the 0.180" x 0.125" but he would have preferred to have a thinner front sight.

Dawson offers an FO 0.170" x 0.100" and he considered that one except that (I think) the 0.010" would have meant his rounds would hit about 1.5" higher at 20yds. In my case, this would not have been a deal breaker but he would rather shoot POA=POI.

It looks like there has been some miscommunication on our part in this regard and we apologize.

We just had a meeting with our sales and production leaders to address the issues that were brought to our attention here.

Yes, we offer custom front sight heights for current Perfect Impact® models in our store.

We don't offer custom widths, but if we already produce the sight for your pistol in the width/configuration you'd like, any height is available.

==============

Dawson Precision Perfect Impact® and Custom Front Sight Height Policy:

If you purchase a set of Perfect Impact® sights directly from Dawson Precision (DP front and DP or any vendor's rear), we guarantee that your pistol will zero. If it doesn't, we will give you a new front sight at the proper height free of charge so that it will. If we don't currently offer the height you need, we will make one for you as long as the requested width is already available for your pistol model.

Any vendor's sight sets purchased from Dawson Precision which do not zero are eligible for a 50% discount on a Perfect Impact® front sight to correct zero.

This Perfect Impact® policy applies only to retail sight sets and must be purchased directly from Dawson Precision.

Estimated lead time is two weeks.

Policy subject to change.

rev. 02/11

==============

Custom sight orders which do not fall under the policy stated above are available at retail cost plus an additional $20 setup fee.

-Chet

Is this a change in policy? I seem to remember back in January you web site said something like "If you don't see what you need, call us and we will make it."

Custom sight orders which do not fall under the policy stated above are available at retail cost plus an additional $20 setup fee.

We install more than a few Dawson sights, and I don't know of another sight manufacturer that will go above and beyond like they do.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

Is this a change in policy? I seem to remember back in January you web site said something like "If you don't see what you need, call us and we will make it."

No, it's not a change in policy, just a clarification.

What the website states is, "If you do not see the height you need, give us a call [and] we will make it".

-Chet

Edited by Dawson Marketing
squonky url