Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

lowest bore axis?

sdm74

Might be looking for a new production gun. I shoot a xdm now. Does the m&p pro have the lowest bore axis out of xd and glock? Also im looking at the 5" on buds they have one where they mention the barrel has a black finish and one that doesn't mention that, our there different versions? And what does the L stand for?

Thanks

Steve

The L and Pro are both longer bbl versions of the std M&P, both are 5".

The bore axis is very close between the glock and M&P. Some claim the M&P is lower. My perception favors the M&P as a softer shooter. Can't say if its do to the bore axis or if it fits my hand better, or both.

Shoot both first if you can.

The L and Pro are both longer bbl versions of the std M&P, both are 5".

The bore axis is very close between the glock and M&P. Some claim the M&P is lower. My perception favors the M&P as a softer shooter. Can't say if its do to the bore axis or if it fits my hand better, or both.

Shoot both first if you can.

couldn't shoot it but felt great in hands. coming from a xdm i just cant get used to grip of glock. think im about to place order for a 9 pro

I shoot the M&P Pro and G34 for the most part these days. I can honestly write that the M&P is about the softest shooter of the two in my hands. I rate it right up there with the CZ SP01 Tactical belonging to my buddy in handling. It's really a terrific design with about the sweetest reset that I've run across.

Can't wait for the newest stuff from Apex to be available.