Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

223 vs 556

DoubleBarrel

I have no experience loading .223, Is there a 5.56 die even available? Or is it actually .223 once we reload the 5.56 brass?

oh geeze, all I was trying to figure out when I dug this one back out was how much difference people see in bullet drop at distance and if one seemed to be inherently more accurate out of the Wylde chamber.

wg

Pretty much the same reason we have a 1X7 twist. The secant ogive of the tracer round to match the path of the M855 ball round needed more room.

THIS!!!

M193 and M855 ball ammo, which is 99.96% of people shooting 5.56mm ammo, is not going to be an issue in a ".223"

Edited by MAC702

I couldn't tell you, I wouldn't know high numbers from low either way. What I can say is that in the SOCOM testing they were breaking bolts with a really low number of rounds- something like 5,000 rounds.

Well great, now I'm just another guy who says it's, "higher," too.

You're in good company. It was an American Rifleman article, IIRC, and left out the two most obvious differences, in my opinion. They talked about the higher pressure problems, without any numbers, and they never even hinted at how much more expensive it is.