Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compact base pad problems

kv501

I ordered some M&P compact basepads from Smith and Wesson direct, and I am trying to figure out exactly what I have. I know for sure I didn't get the finger groove pads as I have seen them before. I specifically ordered the flat base pads, and that is what is on the invoice from S&W.

What I got were basepads that have a flat bottom similar to the full size ones, only difference being that they are shorter, which I expected. On the other side, however, the plastic is built up and looks like it would fit in the mag tube but it does not. It is the same profile and shape as the mag tube but will not go in. Even if it would there is nothing that would hold it in place. The best way I can describe it is that is is wedge shaped (again, these are definitely not the finger groove basepads).

When I ordered them I was under the impression that they were identical to the fullsize base pads (except with a shorter lip) which just slide on and lock up with the detent on the spring. These look like they need to be inserted in the mag tube rather than slide over the lips on the end. I know pictures would help but I am posting this from my phone. I thought maybe someone would be able to tell from my description what I have and if it is wrong. Thanks in advance for any replies and I will try to get pictures in the morning.

• 2 months later...

I made the same mistake. Based on the posts here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114940&st=0&p=1365640

The part I ordered and received was 392930000 Described as M&P9C Magazine Butt Plate (FLAT) 96 cents plus shipping.

The description on the pick list says Mag Butt Plate 9mm 10RD Flat R

Now I see the parts list for the M&P9 (full size) shows the following

278250000 Magazine Butt Plate $.84

279010000 Magazine Butt Plate $1.44

But no description of the difference. I guess it could be 10rd, flat, or regular.

So does anyone know what is the correct part # for M&P9 Full Size FLAT Base Plates?