Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MecGar small frame 9mm mags

Nealio

So I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I wanted to make sure before I bought another set of mags for my Baby Eagle.

I bought some 16 round hi-cap Tanfoglio mags (as I thought people said they feed good), but they are as sucky as the large frame mags. The taper is wrong. Any more than 10 rounds leaves a gap between the first and the 2nd round (even with factory ammo).

So I'm hoping the MecGar small frame mags people have mentioned have a tighter taper and hold the rounds where they should.

Does anyone have experience with both the factory and MacGar mags in the small frame? Do they feed better (properly)?

Thanks!

- Nealio

Edited by Nealio

For the small frame i think you can just get CZ75 mags. All my CZ75 Mecgar mags feed 100% reliably in my 75B

Yes I've been told this as well, and its mostly true. ;)

The MecGar CZ75 mags do feed well, but they are too short to fit in my full sized Baby Eagle. They will only go in if you remove the base pad.. :(

• 1 month later...

For the small frame i think you can just get CZ75 mags. All my CZ75 Mecgar mags feed 100% reliably in my 75B

Yes I've been told this as well, and its mostly true. ;)

The MecGar CZ75 mags do feed well, but they are too short to fit in my full sized Baby Eagle. They will only go in if you remove the base pad.. :(

Best option is to get the CZ mags for the SP01/Shadow. The mag body is longer with a plastic base pad that sits flush with the grip and the top of this can be trimmed so the mag seats properly. Also loads up to 18-19 rounds of 9mm. Great if you don't have issue with overall length with mag inserted.