Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Video of Powder Burn Rates

Erik S.

This is a video I took last night just for fun of the burn rates of different powders (both rifle and pistol). Just thought I'd post it for fun. HIGHLY qualitative and not meant to be an "experiment" of any kind. I put little piles of powder connected with a "fuse" of Varget. Left to right, the piles are: Power Pistol, Blue Dot, Win296, H110, Clays, H414, and BLC-2

http://www.youtube.com/user/epiphoneerik?feature=mhum#p/u/20/IjLHFnZcnvA

Not too much of a shortage at my house. Didn't use much, though, despite the size of the flame. Makes the little piles look bigger than they really were. Probably 5-6gr of each kind and about 60gr of Varget for the fuse. All in all, not much of a waste. Hope you enjoyed! :cheers:

This is a video I took last night just for fun of the burn rates of different powders (both rifle and pistol). Just thought I'd post it for fun. HIGHLY qualitative and not meant to be an "experiment" of any kind. I put little piles of powder connected with a "fuse" of Varget. Left to right, the piles are: Power Pistol, Blue Dot, Win296, H110, Clays, H414, and BLC-2

Not related at all but...........1st trout at Big lake?

get off my water! :devil::)

couldn't help myself. My most favorite Az area.

Haha, yes, that was my first trout on Big Lake that day. We had fun but it was quite breezy and we just had a trolling motor with an extra battery lol.

My father in law picked up a 9.9hp motor for this summer so we can hit all the lakes. I think 10hp is the limit so we'll be haulin' with that thing on a little rowboat :devil:

My favorite thing to do is fly fish the San Juan, though. Just not easy to video while flyfishing. There are some real toads up in that river and it's a fun place to be with nice weather.

Haha, yes, that was my first trout on Big Lake that day. We had fun but it was quite breezy and we just had a trolling motor with an extra battery lol.

My father in law picked up a 9.9hp motor for this summer so we can hit all the lakes. I think 10hp is the limit so we'll be haulin' with that thing on a little rowboat :devil:

My favorite thing to do is fly fish the San Juan, though. Just not easy to video while flyfishing. There are some real toads up in that river and it's a fun place to be with nice weather.

Yea 10 is max on the gas lakes. When I worked up there we would take my pops 12' and put a 8 hp crysler on it, get in the middle seat to plane

that was the fastest thing there except Rick's service boat.

There's some pigs in Big Lake also just different to fish for them after the crawdads ate the moss beds, although I saw fewer dads and more moss this year. hope that continues.