Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun stock pistol grup

Okay, did a search for shotgun pistol grips... not much came up, so I'm asking a question. Is a pistol-grip stock allowable in 3-gun competition? Pros & Cons about it? Your input is appreciated. Gun is a Mossberg 590

Okay, did a search for shotgun pistol grips... not much came up, so I'm asking a question. Is a pistol-grip stock allowable in 3-gun competition? Pros & Cons about it? Your input is appreciated. Gun is a Mossberg 590

No rules banning pistol grips....they are generally accepted to be less desired than the standard sporter stock, but Taran Butler, who is one of the best 3 gunners in the world, runs one laugh.gif

Truth is, get whatever feels the most comfortable for you to shoot with and LOAD WITH (this being extremely important)

I agree with both responses. There is no rule against a pistol-grip stock. It really is user-preference.

I ran a Mossberg 590 with a Knoxx/Blackhawk Spec-Ops pistol grip stock for a few of years shooting Heavy Metal. The pros for me are that I’ve always been used to holding pistol-grip firearms and the stock was adjustable. The con was that you would have to break your grip to manipulate the safety. Another con is whether the Knoxx/Blackhawk stock was allowed in anything but open-division because of its function to reduce felt-recoil, but that in itself is a separate subject.