Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Browning Gold 12 ga

mwx40x40

From what I have read on the forums here the Browning Gold is essentially the same as the FN and the Winchester SX 2 or 3.

Is there any reason to opt for the FN or Winchester over the Browning? I found a used Gold today and was curious if there were any good reasons to stay away from it as opposed to the FN or Winchester for 3 Gun use?

Also noticed the Browning Gold in 12 is no longer offered. I think the only Gold is in 10ga and it looks like the Silver is in 12 ga.

From what I have read on the forums here the Browning Gold is essentially the same as the FN and the Winchester SX 2 or 3.

Is there any reason to opt for the FN or Winchester over the Browning? I found a used Gold today and was curious if there were any good reasons to stay away from it as opposed to the FN or Winchester for 3 Gun use?

Also noticed the Browning Gold in 12 is no longer offered. I think the only Gold is in 10ga and it looks like the Silver is in 12 ga.

Well I picked up this Browning Gold today and when I got it home , I thought I would see how well it loaded. The shell lifter seems to be sluggish or dragging. I plan on shooting it tomorrow. I hope it runs. If not , I may have found out why it was on consignment :angry2:

I've run a Browning Gold for the last couple year. My absolute favorite Tactical shotgun. I love that thing and the auto shell feed has saved my butt, I don't know how many times. It's just nice to not have to worry about doing a bolt back reload. I just grab four and stuff them in. As long as I'm quick enough I get all four in before the last one in auto feeds.

The Browning is a lot trickier to tune than the FN SLP though. The all the shells in the mag tube press back against an extension on the bolt. There really aren't any shell latches like on a conventional shotgun. You have to make sure the recoil spring is stouter than the mag spring. I'm running a long 8 round tube and I used the original 4 round mag tube spring. Works perfectly.

I've run a Browning Gold for the last couple year. My absolute favorite Tactical shotgun. I love that thing and the auto shell feed has saved my butt, I don't know how many times. It's just nice to not have to worry about doing a bolt back reload. I just grab four and stuff them in. As long as I'm quick enough I get all four in before the last one in auto feeds.

The Browning is a lot trickier to tune than the FN SLP though. The all the shells in the mag tube press back against an extension on the bolt. There really aren't any shell latches like on a conventional shotgun. You have to make sure the recoil spring is stouter than the mag spring. I'm running a long 8 round tube and I used the original 4 round mag tube spring. Works perfectly.

Thanks, as I start testing this Gold out, I will let you know how it goes.

The all the shells in the mag tube press back against an extension on the bolt. There really aren't any shell latches like on a conventional shotgun. You have to make sure the recoil spring is stouter than the mag spring. I'm running a long 8 round tube and I used the original 4 round mag tube spring. Works perfectly.

I ended up having to trim a few rings off of the mag spring of my Gold. Not a hard mod., but do it a little at a time just in case.

Thanks, as I start testing this Gold out, I will let you know how it goes.

So far so good. I went out today and shot 4 rounds of skeet (100 shells) and it ran perfect. Two boxes were Federal 1 oz loads and 2 boxes of Remmy Walmart econo loads 1 1/8 oz.

• 8 months later...