Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Commander bushing in Government slide

jnikoley

I'm interested in reducing the weight of my gun by a few grams to make weight. I am considering replacing a standard Government bushing with a Commander bushing to make weight. My question is... Is a commander length bushing that is installed in a government slide going to have a negative effect on accuracy, or is it a non-factor? Thanks.

I'm surprised it's not making weight. I was making 41. Now it's 42oz. What's that much heavier on a Sentry?

With the aluma grips I added, it's exactly 42.0 ozs without the grip tape. The grip tape adds 3 grams putting it over weight. I bought the same scale you have and it measures a little heavier than your scale, so scale error is a factor too.

I'm surprised it's not making weight. I was making 41. Now it's 42oz. What's that much heavier on a Sentry?

With the aluma grips I added, it's exactly 42.0 ozs without the grip tape. The grip tape adds 3 grams putting it over weight. I bought the same scale you have and it measures a little heavier than your scale, so scale error is a factor too.

It's almost worth buying a 1lb check weight for your range bag when you're really close. Less expensive than a wasted trip to a major match.

You could take a Dremel with grinding stone (which I have if you don't) to the back of the AlumaGrips and remove a considerable amount of material without compromising the strength of the grip. That would be better than messing with the gun's primary mechanics.