Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing chokes between stages? Legal?

cjl32

I was reading the question on different chokes in the shotgun section and a couple of responses made me wonder if changing chokes between stages of a match is allowed? Would it not be considered the same as changing barrels? I had assumed the choke must remain the same for all stages in a match but can't find anything to back it up. Search came back empty.

Chad

TY-39243

SHOTGUN 5.2.8 Equipment that is only used when fitted to the shotgun (except chokes, ammunition, speed loaders and ammunition carriers) and is to be used at any time during the match must be fitted to the shotgun prior to the start of the match and for the duration of the match.

Yup - you can change chokes!

And you are ........... ???? :P

Hey, do you think Shooter Grrl and I are Moderators of the IPSC/USPSA Rules Forum just because of our charm, grace and exceptional good looks alone? Hell no. We also have a collection of compromising blackmail photos of Mr. Enos shooting a kcolG (last word cleverly encrypted for security reasons).

BWA-HA-HA ;)

Vince,

Yes you can change chokes between stages. If you

were shooting shot, you may want to use a full choke,

but if the next stage called for slugs, you would need to

change to mod choke.

Gene

Vince, Yes you can change chokes between stages.  If you were shooting shot, you may want to use a full choke, but if the next stage called for slugs, you would need to change to mod choke. Gene

Um, ahh, thanks Gene :huh: