Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting over sea?

Make sure you check in with customs on your way out and get a receipt for it. I did this on my way to the Canadian Nationals in '07. I was travelling via auto.. and did it at the border crossing. In fact I would do this with any high ticket item (camera equipment, guns, jewelry, etc). The next thing to do is start the process with the country you are visiting to see what their process is for getting the firearm there. For the Can Nats I started 6 months in advance and had all the proper paperwork 4 months before my departure date. Obviously there are different requirements depending on which country you are going to. The Canadians wanted to know where I'd be competing and where it would be stored (address). They also told me how I should have it locked and stored for transit.

Edited by sargenv

I finally find out that the only problem I would problaby have is the airline.I was told by the shooter in Thailand that Chaina Airline will not takes any firearm in flight at all.It happend to our Mr.President(Michael Voigt)several years back when he was on his way to the match in Thailand but couldn't get on the plane because the air line(Chaina Airline)wouldn't allow his gun on board.I called their customer service in L.A and was told that I should be fine if I can show them the papers they need. <_<