Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I'm looking at my kid's GSG 1911....

kreativecid

Read the many good reports of the GSG1911 and those who compare it to a conversion kit.

I recently acquired a GSG 1911 22lr to introduce firearms to some young family members when it dawned on me that I could just slip it into my holster and do a lot of practicing with it.

So far has any owner modified the grip safety or trigger? Seems all the reports are initial thoughts and then not much more (probably having too much fun shooting cheap 22 instead of posting online).

Or would it be along the unrealistic lines of using an airsoft to practice for SSTK competition? I'd rather not slap a conversion kit on my game gun and would like to grab-and-go hence the GSG thoughts.

I started a thread on the 1911 22lr (GSG and Chiappa) a while ago trying to see what anybody who had them thought about them. Out of the few that had first hand experience with them, all reports were that the trigger was less than desireable.

My buddy has one and I have played with this gun quite a bit. It's a nice practice tool but it's trigger is far from a "match trigger". He did a few modifications to the pistol which helped it a bit: 1) removed the magazine safety, 2) reduced the tension needed to depress the beaver tail and, 3) polished the sear and disconnector.

Like I said, for the price, this is a nice practice tool but I would be hard pressed to spend the money to do a full trigger job on it.

I also massaged the trigger it is a crisp 4#. I removed the Magazine safety and due to not having the Memory bump on the beavertail I taped mine down. As for being unrealistic airsoft practice, well IMHO anytime spent working on the basics is time well spent. I notice that when I spend the time dry firing, shooting my airsoft or my GSG then my performance at matches jumps up. If your one of the lucky few to have aa range close by or in your yard and unlimited funds for ammo then live fire is always best. I am not that luck so I make due. BTW alot of top shooters report training with airsoft. Who here can tell them its a waste of time. Shoot more, shoot straight and shoot safe. :cheers: