Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Expected accuracy

sincityshooter

So, I'm wondering what XDm owners expect out of their guns. I have way too many bullets to experiment with accuacy, so I'm limited to seating depth, crimp, and powder. I'm not too concerned with it being able to put 2" groups at 30 yards, but I'm also not sure what to expect.

I put on a fiber optic dawson precision .100 and the matching adjustable rear. At 30 yards what should I expect. I shot prone a week ago, but I wasn't too consisent with my elevation hold.. at the time I was trying to get it sighted in for left/right. I succeeded in keeping everything in the center, probably less than 2" left to right with 5 shots.

Anyone have any numbers to post?

cz tactical sport 9mm i've shot off bags at 25-27 yards and the 5 shot group was just outside an inch. four of the five were touching with one uncalled flier. if you're shooting 2" thats super solid for an xd imo. much more accuracy than is needed for most every discipline.

• 1 month later...

I was very pleasantly surprised with the accuracy of my XD 45 tactical. Since I got it back from a trigger job at Springer I can put one ragged hole into the target at 15 yards all day long. I can't do that well at 25 yards but my vision sucks as I get older. I think you'll be happy with it - WAAAAAAY better than any glock I've ever shot.