Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A bit of assistance would be appreciated

Jim Berlin

Has anyone among you had any experience with this reloading bench? I am considering obtaining one for light reloading tasks. I do not know of anyone who has one and the reports I get for it are somewhat mixed: some say its a bit light and unstable--others praise it. SO-whats a poor boy to do? If you have one--or have had one-I would appreciate any council you would give me. Thanks a bunch!!

Did you mean to post a link or photo? Newcomers to the forum have to have a certain # of posts before they can post a link. Had to do this because of spammers.

Thanks for putting this post in the correct place for me. I will be more careful in the future. Jim Berlin

Unless you need to reload at the range I'd pass on it. The single best thing you can do to prevent inconsistent powder charges and to keep your progressive running like a top is to bolt your bench down nice and tight. I used to have fits with my 650 until I got it on a stable platform.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you need to reload at the range I'd pass on it. The single best thing you can do to prevent inconsistent powder charges and to keep your progressive running like a top is to bolt your bench down nice and tight. I used to have fits with my 650 until I got it on a stable platform.

Another thing to consider is that with the 650 and other presses the up stroke seats the primer so you need the press to be mounted in a way that it won't move when you lift up to seat the primer

===================================================

I bought one of those things and sent it back without even mounting my press on it, as others have said you need something sturdy and that thing is cheap flimsy plastic. I bought this Sears tool stand that is strong enough to hold a few hundred pounds, I weigh over 250# and I have stood on it to test it out, it was rock solid.

I It bought it a long time ago but my guess is I paid slightly more than the Frankford bench

Dillonone.jpg?t=1297970799

Edited by silvercorvette

I found a link to a tool stand that may be the same as mine or similar, it is only $25 which is less than 1/2 the price of the Frankford and probably 10 time stronger.

Link to Sears

EDIT

You do have to buy a piece of plywood but even with the cost of wood it is still less than 1/2 the price of the Frankford

Also in my other post I said I paid more than the Frankford. This was a long time ago, maybe the prices went down, maybe I bought a different model, or maybe it just a bad memory on my part

Edited by silvercorvette