Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 and Warren Tactical Sights

TheTailor

I am changing tactical sights on my competition Glock 34 to the WTS Sevigny Competition Sights with fiber optic front.

I am shooting 147gr CMJ bullets with 3.6 grains of VV320. I want the impact to align with the front sight.

Will these sights allow for the point of impact I am looking for?

Is there a better product that I should be looking at?

The link to the sights is here for more information: http://tinyurl.com/4j64fck

WTS-Glock_WT-FO-Front-Red-858x570-lrg.jpg

SComp-Glock-266x300-lrg.gif

I'm shooting Berry's 147g plated bullets and 3.4g Titegroup out of my G34 using the above mentioned sights. POI seems to be dead on for me. I love the sights, wish I would have switched as soon as I got the gun. There is no elevation adjustment, only windage. But, good luck adjusting it, the rear sight is on there tight. I put mine dead center and haven't had to adjust it at all. Great sights, highly recommended.

I am changing tactical sights on my competition Glock 34 to the WTS Sevigny Competition Sights with fiber optic front.

I am shooting 147gr CMJ bullets with 3.6 grains of VV320. I want the impact to align with the front sight.

Will these sights allow for the point of impact I am looking for?

Is there a better product that I should be looking at?

I run the exact same set-up that you are; gun, sights, bullet and powder. No complaints, gun shoots exactly where I point the sights as long as I do everything I'm supposed to do. Good Luck. B)

YES, Hold the phone on that one Tailor. I hadn't realized that the .215 tall front F/O Sevigny sight is designed to shoot at the 6 o'clock position. I noticed at the range the other day that my Glock was shooting high at 25 yards. When I shot at the bottom of the 10 ring I would put 'em about 3-4 inches high in the X ring. When I'd aim at the center of the X ring I'd put it high. I just ordered the .245 tall front F/O Sevigny from CPWSA. Same exact sight just a little bit taller and is advertised as hitting POI/POA at 20-25 yards. Most places only sell the .215 and don't advertise that it's designed for 6 o'clock shooting.

THANKS SARGE!!! Thought I was shooting high all of a sudden, or even worse, I'd have to start all over and work up a new load!!! PITA!!!!

No six o'clock hold - shoots POI=POA out to 25 yards.

Someone has finally done it; The first zero trajectory load ever :cheers:

You sure you're not shooting in the PL (Production Laser) division....how do they figure Minor for that? :roflol:

It's only going to be POI=POA at one distance....every other distance it's going to be above or below that point. It may be close enough that you don't compensate for it, but it's not truly POA=POI at all those other distances. R,

No six o'clock hold - shoots POI=POA out to 25 yards.

Someone has finally done it; The first zero trajectory load ever :cheers:

You sure you're not shooting in the PL (Production Laser) division....how do they figure Minor for that? :roflol:

It's only going to be POI=POA at one distance....every other distance it's going to be above or below that point. It may be close enough that you don't compensate for it, but it's not truly POA=POI at all those other distances. R,

I was thinking the same thing, I'm glad you said it. :roflol:

Argh... already placed the order. I guess I'll test it out, and if it doesn't work I'll request the taller front sight.

I have tried both the 0.215" and the 0.245" offered by Warren on a G34 shooting 147gr bullets. In my case the 0.245" shoots right on the the tip of the front sight at 25 yds while the 0.215" shoots about 4" high at the same distance and with the same load.

I didn't find this to be terribly detrimental. A lot of what we shoot happens at 20 yds or less (at least on the matches around my area). In fact, I think that having a little bit of room between the tip of the front sight and the POI was a nice. Eventually your mind learns to look for the correct sight picture needed to make those longer shots.