Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New To Reload G21SF

M.YANCEY

I shoot long range rifle and we check everything, Reloading .45ACP for my glock21 I am reloading once shot brass and after I sized the brass in mic to .994 and it said to trim to .888 do I need to trim the brass before every reload? I am going to use bulleye powder and WIN primers I hope this is a good combo?

I don't trim 45 brass and hardly ever measure it (recreational shooting), but your measurement does seem quite long to me. First, double check you measurement (and make sure your calipers are accurate and zeroed). If a round case-gauges okay or fits the chamber properly, I wouldn't worry about it if it were mine. On the other hand, if your measurements are correct and you have time to kill, start trimming (or you could just toss the offending brass).

Pistol brass trimming is not required.

So that brass is not to long to start reloading.

M. For your piece of mind load 6 dummy rounds to your desired COAL. Look at your manual for the details there.

Load them in a mag and hand cycle the slide to make sure they chamber and eject normally.

Their has never been a instance were I have trimmed pistol brass. As for your Bullseye choice much

will depend on the bullet you use. I will say that it is very old school and not used today to any large degree

in the games.

Jim

Pistol brass trimming is not required.

So that brass is not to long to start reloading.

M. For your piece of mind load 6 dummy rounds to your desired COAL. Look at your manual for the details there.

Load them in a mag and hand cycle the slide to make sure they chamber and eject normally.

Their has never been a instance were I have trimmed pistol brass. As for your Bullseye choice much

will depend on the bullet you use. I will say that it is very old school and not used today to any large degree

in the games.

Jim

Thanks for the info guys,I am loading hornady 230grFMJRN what do you think is the best powder to load with? I also have some titegroup.I did what you said about loading some dummy rounds and it cycled fine my max OAL was 1.265. I checked in the reload manual and it said the OAL on that bullet should be 1.275 it seem a little long but it cycled fine, This is my first progressive press and I wont to do it right not learn do bad habits..

The Load I use for my G21 is

Hornady 230 HAPS

N320 5.0 grains

CCI large pistol primers

Win Brass

1.230 OAL

.470 Crimp

This load shoots 172pf from the factory barrel. I never trim brass, I shoot it until I loose it or it splits

Edited by sauza45

I have used Bullseye with 230 FMJ and it runs just fine (perhaps a tad dirty, but I don't think it is a problem). The 45 acp works just fine with a variety of fast (like Clays or BE) to medium burning powders (like Unique or WSF). Just check powder availability and your manuals to decide what you want to use.