Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

revolver mainsprings

chad s

I recently purchased an old, but relatively un-used security six. It has a very hard double action pull. Will a mainspring modification, or replacement help this? Can I cut coils or where can I order a lighter one?

Wollf makes a performance pack for them. You can also have a GS polish things up and get a decent pull on it. It will never match a SW but it can be pretty good. My old Duty issue was about 5-6 DA and under 2 single. I swear it was like that from the factory :rolleyes:

The Wolf spring kit will help. I was able to go down a couple of pounds on my Redhawk and still get 100% ignition with Winchester primers. Old Rugers seem to have rough triggers and it probably needs some stoning work.

The "miracle" product for tuning up revo actions is Slide Glide. Tear down the action and just goop the bejeezus out of everything in there. You won't believe the difference.

The Wolff reduced-power mainspring I bought for my 'Six was longer and heavier than the factory mainspring. I trimmed it maybe 3 coils and it got a lot better, but the last time I took it out I got a lot of light strikes. You might want to buy 2 or 3 and experiment with trimming them.

thanks guys, for the input. I think i will try a wolff srping. Eric; what is slide glide? i've never heard of it. Can it be found at shooting stores? I've heard of that trick before except i was told to use toothpaste??? the grit in it does some polishing in there, I'm still a bit hessitant on that theory though. Chriss; I already own two smiths that have wonderful actions, I just bought this for a under the seat gun, and wanted it smoothed out a little bit. thanks all..