Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouch for new Surefire Mags

So with these new Surefire mags hitting the streets in early March, does anyone have any thoughts on a mag pouch to support them? The stats sat 1.66" thick. Would like to get something to fit, but worst case it will be the starting mag and just use 30-rounders for reloads.

Most of the double AR mag pouches on the market should work, but you probably don't want to deal with a flap.

I don't know how well a traditional pouch with the mag upside down will work. With most of the weight in the bottom (then upside down), and the pouch clamping on the skinnier area, I can see it working its way loose when running.

Sinistral: Was thinking the same thing, but came up with the same concern.

Smoke: I will look into those.

Corey: Ever been to Iron Man? :D For most matches I may or may not want to reload to a 60, but there are matches and stages where it may be necessary or beneficial. What if there's a sg, rifle, pistol stage where the rifle starts empty chamber no mag at the end of a long sg run? I could name a few situations where it would be helpful to securely store the 60 on my person, so just getting the discussion going about options.