Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More then a 1 day match?

Victor_R

I've only shot local USPSA matchs and haven't joined USPSA yet but will soon. I want to shoot the Area 1 match in June and I see it's a 4 day match. Now does the shooter shoot all 4 days or are there days that divisons shoot certain days? How does this work? Thanks for any info.

You will likely shoot it in 1 or 2 days depending on your preference, and slot availability. I have no problem shooting a 10-12 stage match in one day, but it can be a grind. Most people like to shoot between 6-9 stages max in a day. Usually Match Directors will have squading set so that shooters can shoot it all in one day, or spread over 2 days so that everyone is accomodated. Between RO's shooting on one day, and then all the other squading possibilities, the match covers 4 days.

Randy

I could not find it in match announcements except under the list being put together of major matches. The match has a webpage. I would go there and find out who to contact. You should be able to do it in one but two days would be preferred. It looks like the RO's are shooting it in a day and a half.

Victor,

Typically when the match consists of 12 stages, a lot of people like to break that up into two half days in which they shoot 6 stages a day.

When you register for the match, there'll probably be a place to select when you want to shoot. If it is like the recent Area 1 matches, your options will be something like Fri am/Fri pm, Fri pm/Sat am, or Sat am/Sun am ...etc.