Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

limited set up on the uspsa classified ads

Mat Price

Guys i am new to eaa my bud has an elite match in .40 that I like I came across this gun on the uspsa web site ad and would like to know if the asking price is fair I shoot a glock 24 now and have an itch for a new gun.

this is the ad

Tanfoglio limited in .40 w/ slide cuts,(4) henning 140mm magazines,(3) CR Speed mag. pouches,Double Alpha inner/outer belt (size 40) I will take $40 off if you don't need/want the belt,bladetech RH DOH,EGW sear,henning XL firing pin,henning competition magwell,henning titefit slide pin,henning I-fiber front sight,henning H151C black checkered grips,henning 10.75lb recoil spring,(2) spare extractors,(2) spare 13lb hammer springs,spare rear sight parts,tanfoglio factory case w/ cleaning rod and manual,also will include stock parts: (safety plunger, firing pin, sear, slide stop),where legal

it may even be someones gun on this forum.

Mat

Sounds like an good price with all the "upgrades" to a Witness Limited installed/done. Consider that new:

- Witness Limited: about $1000-1100

- Henning mags:about $90 x 4 = $360

- Henning grips: about $150

- Henning magwell: about $100

- CR Speed Versa pouches: about $30 x 3 = $90

I've got pretty much the same Limited setup (except for the slide cuts) and it's been 100% reliable for me as long as I have reloads measuring at least 1.170", and keep an eye on the mag lips spacing to prevent nose dives. I usually load to 1.180".

Since I've only been playing Limited 10 on weekends, and plates on Thursday nights, I don't regularly load 21 into the mag. I just load 10 or 6 and rock on. From the wisdom of these forums, if I wanted to load 21 and not experience nosedives, I'll need to use the Gizmo push through die to resize all my .40 brass to ensure that all the brass is straight walled.